Wednesday 22 February 2017

Fed up of being obese

I'm fat, really fat - morbidly obese.

At the end of last year I was feeling really unwell, weeks of gastro distress, overwhelming fatigue and no motivation to do anything.  I had some blood tests, I am pre-diabetic and have non-alcoholic liver disease.  I finally reached a point mid Jan when I decided I need to do something about my weight to improve my health.  I owe it to my children to be the best I can.

I started a low carb high fat diet or 'way of eating' mod Jan.  My weight decreased and my energy increased.  I joined a gym too, mainly for the spa initially, but actually I really enjoy doing the exercise.

I've lost 22lbs, I still have many more to go but finally I am on the right track.  I don't know what the future holds for me but I do at least feel I am trying my best to be around for my children as long as possible - I feel that's particularly important for my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment