Thursday 5 January 2017

Expect the unexpected

Today is the first day of the spring term.  My son knew he had to go back to school, wasn't t too happy about it but who is at this time of year!

I didn't expect a fuss this morning, saw no warning signs it would happen.  He refused to go to school, refused to get out of bed, refused to get dressed.  He did it all in the end still maintaining he wasn't going to school.  Once we got there he refused to walk through the door.  The staff were lovely, the SENCo called his TA and she persuaded him to go in.  I could still hear him shouting that he didn't want to go to school but we made it!
He's only 8 and knows deep down he has to go to school, I suppose he wouldn't get dressed or even leave the house otherwise.  What is it going to be like when he's older and I can't persuade him or he decides he really isn't going to school?  Maybe he will surprise us all and it will never be an issue......(I have to think positively sometimes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment